Sarah (“Sally”) L. Bright
Of Counsel / Atlanta
Sarah (“Sally”) L. Bright is Of Counsel in the Atlanta offices of Copeland Stair. Her practice focuses primarily on Construction Litigation, Construction Defect Litigation and Design–Build Litigation. She represents contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers, manufacturers and design professionals involved in a variety of disputes, including construction-related product, premise and professional liability matters. Prior to joining CSKL, Sally worked at a well-respected civil litigation firm, also in Atlanta.
Beyond Construction Litigation, Sally has lengthy experience representing corporate, municipal and individual clients in complex business litigation matters including contractual disputes, business torts, intellectual property, and general negligence cases, in state and federal courts and arbitration proceedings.
Sally earned her undergraduate degree, with honors and distinction, from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and her Juris Doctorate from the University of North Carolina School of Law, where she worked on the editing staff for the North Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation.
- Representing a national general contractor and design-build contractor in the defense of construction defect and professional liability cases in state courts and arbitration proceedings;
- Obtaining dismissal of action for individual clients in connection with claims for fraud, conversion, and breach of fiduciary duty in the Northern District of Georgia;
- Obtaining dismissals for failure to state a claim in two separate actions in the Northern District of Georgia on behalf of a national field service company dedicated to assisting mortgage servicers, in connection with claims for tort to real property, breach of contract and emotional distress;
- Obtaining dismissal of several claims including conversion, unjust enrichment, piercing the corporate veil, and trade dress infringement under the Lanham Act, against corporate and individual clients in the Northern District of Georgia;
- Representing a large national financial institution in a variety of matters including wrongful foreclosure in state courts;
- Representing one of the nation’s largest producer of paints and coatings in a variety of actions including product liability and breach of contract disputes in state and federal courts; and
- Obtaining summary judgment for a large corporate client on claim for tortious interference with business relations (judgment successfully upheld on appeal before the Eleventh Circuit).