We are Copeland, Stair, Kingma & Lovell. We are civil litigation lawyers who thrive on fighting for our clients. We work with individuals and institutions large and small and are respected in courthouses throughout the Southeast as well-prepared, forceful, creative and cost-effective attorneys. Our experience, drive and dedication will help you achieve the best possible result with a defense tailored to your case.
We have a proven formula for success:
- Hire quality people.
- Listen to the client.
- Develop the best defense strategy.
- Think and act aggressively.
- Communicate well and often.
- Provide the defense cost-effectively.
In 1970 we had five attorneys. Now, we have approximately 75 attorneys. Our steady growth is a result of referrals from happy, satisfied clients who have experienced the benefit of our efforts. If you have civil dispute concerns, contact any of our Partners or one of our Practice Group Leaders listed below. They will be glad to help.
- Appellate – Fred Valz
- Commercial Litigation – Joe Kingma and Shannon Sprinkle
- Construction Litigation – Paul Sperry and Laura Paton
- Employment Litigation – Dave Root
- Environmental Litigation – Paul Sperry
- General Liability – Charles McDaniel
- Health Care Litigation – Eric Frisch
- Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Litigation – Melissa Bailey
- Product Liability – William Newcomb
- Trucking and Transportation Litigation – Gary Lovell
- Workers’ Compensation – Jack Daniel